Evershades was released 5 years ago today!
It hasn’t sold a million copies yet … I’ll let you know when I hit that milestone 🙂
As a self-published author who is still very much trying to figure out exactly what I need to do to sell my book, I thought I would share a few of the links which I have found useful.
This is by no means an exhaustive list of all the sites that I have looked at, but these are the ones that have struck a chord so far:
89 Book Marketing Ideas
– as the name suggests, this is a rather long list of possible ways to improve awareness of your book. There are a lot of points that may not be applicable to your particular market, but I found a few things that I hadn’t previously considered.
– this is a community of book lovers. The website gives authors, (either self-published or otherwise), a number of opportunities to promote their books. This includes allowing you to publicise book-related events and giveaways. You can also sign up to have your book reviewed, as well as join in with discussion groups.
– David has a great blog and gives lots of useful information for self-publishers. He covers various aspects of publishing such as formatting, covers and marketing.
- Lindsay Buroker – I must admit I have only discovered this site very recently, but it includes a lot of Lindsay’s personal experiences of e-book publishing. I’m going to be visiting regularly from now onwards.
- A Blue Million Books – Amy Metz has a great list of ways to market your book, including details of a large number of websites that offer free book listings.
If you have any other links that you have found helpful, please share them by leaving a comment below. Thanks!
Posted in News
Tagged Amazon Kindle, Book Marketing, Book Promotion, Book Publishing, Books, E-Book, E-books, Fiction, Kindle, Publishing, Self Publishing, Self-Publishers, Writers, Writing
‘Evershades’ by Dale Spiller is now listed on both Goodreads and LibraryThing. Add the book to your reading list today and then be sure to post a review.
In addition to the above, you can connect with Dale Spiller on Facebook. Please head over and say hi!
‘Evershades’ is a fiction novel. Suitable for ages 18+, it is available as a paperback or an e-book for Kindle, Apple iPad and Apple iPhone.